Subscribe to Stay Updated
I’m always posting something new! So if you’d like for me to send you an email when there’s a new recipe or series, you can add your email here.
This is one of the most popular Indian chicken dishes around. It’s made with marinated chicken that’s then grilled or broiled, and it’s served in a creamy tomato sauce.
This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The chicken is marinated in spices and grilled or broiled, then cooked in a creamy tomato sauce. So delicious!
There are approximately 283 calories in one serving of Chicken Tikka Masala. This may vary depending on the ingredients and brands used. Overall, it’s quite a healthy dish!
Yes, Chicken Tikka Masala is gluten free. Just be sure to use gluten free chicken broth and tomato paste if necessary.
If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze leftovers for up to 2 months. Thaw frozen leftovers in the fridge overnight before reheating. Enjoy!
The Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is originally from India. It’s become a popular dish all over the world! You can find it at any Indian food restaurant all over the world.
Feel free to add your own tips or variations to this Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. Some ideas include using different spices, adding vegetables, or using chicken thighs instead of breasts. You can make this really spicy or keep it mild, whatever you prefer.
This Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe is special because it’s so simple to make and the end result is always delicious. The chicken is marinated in spices and then grilled or broiled, and the resulting dish is creamy, flavorful, and perfect for a weeknight meal.
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 tablespoon garam masala
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Salt and pepper
– Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, garam masala, turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss to coat and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and onion mixture to the skillet along with the diced tomatoes with their juice, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Serve over steamed rice and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Thank you for taking the time to read my Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe. I hope you enjoy it!